Thursday, April 3, 2014

The train has left the station, you are either on it or you're not.

Written March 3, 2014


Hey family!!! :) 
So, my week was pretty good! :) This week was a much faster than last week for some reason. We had interviews with the president, and a district meeting all on Friday of this week. It is crazy how the work is moving forward. The quorum of the twelve and the first presidency said that This is serious stuff. We  are bringing about the salvation of men. They were a saying how "the train has left the station, you are either on it or you're not". There is no more middle ground, and "those who are not onboard are being released from their positions, and being replaced by someone who is". Pretty crazy! We have already witnessed this taking place here. I know recently that a bishop in our stake was just released, and replaced with the high councilor over missionary work. It's crazy to me  the church is not waiting around for people to take action anymore. Now is the time. I recently read a really good talk in the 2001 general conference by Elder Holland titled "witness unto me". It was so good. You should listen to it if you get the chance. 
I am so excited for Andy. I know that a mission will do so much for him, and that he will do so well. I can totally see him being a zone leader while he is out. 
Thank you so much for the package that I received a little while ago, and for all the letters. I will write everyone a little personal letter soon. And the videos were great and brought a huge smile to my face!! I loved them!! They are all so crazy! Thank you so much. It was good to see everyone's face and hear their voices. 
Oh, so crazy thing with Andy putting holes in his wall, I did the same thing at a members house this week! Haha we were having dinner and they had a little closet that went under their staircase. They knew that the space under the stair case was bigger than the closet currently was, so they wondered if we could make the closet bigger. I said why not? So I took a hammer and punched through the wall so that we could see what was behind it. It was funny because my companion went info the front room to take a phone call while we did this. So, he comes back to me with a hammer putting a big hole in a wall. Haha pretty funny! 
But I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything, and I will try and write a more interesting letter next week haha :) 
Love, Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment