Monday, February 10, 2014

Marshmallow gun war

Written January 27, 2014 
 
 
This week was a pretty good 
week here in Danville. We were able to
meet some new people that I had 
not met before, and we solidified some
baptism dates :) we should be 
having two people get baptized 
on the 8th of February, and hopefully 
one or two more on the 22nd February as
well. We are so excited off them! 
Two of our investigators Marvin, and
Connie are being baptized on the 8th. 
Connie actually asked me to baptize her.
What an amazing pleasure and honor it 
is to be able to help someone make 
these covenants with The Lord. Just 
like you said, the weeks and months 
are starting to go by a lot
faster. 4-5 weeks ago the weeks 
seemed to really drag on, but now they
are going by super fast. I have been
out over 4 months now, and at the
end of this next transfer it will be six, 
which means I will be 1/4 of
the way finished with my mission!! 
Crazy!!!
That is so great to hear 
that Cris is doing so well! 
I'm so glad he was able or 
go back up to the varsity level,
and still pin someone at that 
Level in the first round. 
He is getting much better!! :D 
I can't wait to hear how he 
does this next week, and especially how he
will do the next few years.
We did get some snow here. It was pretty crazy. 
The schools here were out for so long! They 
didn't have school on Monday for MLK day, and
then they got out Tuesday and Wednesday too! 
So it was like a five day break for them. The 
snow was no big deal though. It was literally
enough to cover the ground, and that was it. 
It is mostly gone now, but it has been super cold.
That is crazy that the stake is fasting for moisture this fast Sunday!
I will be praying for you, that we can get some moisture in the
mountains. Snow is a pretty important thing for us. We fasted this
past Sunday as a mission, and that was a great experience. We started
a 40 day fast as a mission, that will conclude on Easter Sunday. It
will be a great thing for me, and for our mission. I think it will
help us to really sanctify ourselves and make us better missionary's.
This Sunday we were able to have 5 of our investigators come to
church, and three of those have a baptism date. Our goal for this next
week Is to have 8 investigators at church, and have all 8 have baptism
dates! :) The Lord is hastening his work so much, and it is such a
blessing to be a part of it.
Sister Wood is in our zone. I get to see her and say hi when we have
zone meetings and activities, so that is pretty great. She is an amazing
missionary!!
Our marshmallow gun war is today. We are pretty excited for it. I'm
still not sure if it is going to work, but I am hopeful. 
That is so crazy that Josh Is almost done with his mission!! How long
does Sawyer have left in his mission? Transfers are on the 4th, and I
won't know if I leave until Saturday night. Danville feels sorta
like a second home to me now, so it will be sad to leave, but I know
if/when I am called to do so it will be the right thing.
All of our investigators are doing pretty well. We are so excited for
them. We are trying to find more investigators right now, so we are
super to excited exercise our faith to find others that are prepared
to hear the restored gospel. Thank you for all your love and prayers, 
and I will continue to pray for y'all's health
and safety! I love you!!! Have a great week, and before you know it,
we will be able to see each other again. Love you!!
Love,
Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment