Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lots of Teaching

Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a super crazy week, but so good! I can not even begin to tell you all of the success that we have been having. So on last Monday we had no progressing investigators, and we also decided to drop all of the ones that were in our teaching pool and start over because all but one of them was just not doing anything, and we were getting nowhere. so, we dropped all save one family. At 6:00 we went out and started the process of finding new investigators. We both had the feeling as we walked past a house to knock on the door and so we did. a girl named Katelyn answered the door and we were able to teach her the restoration right then and there. It was so good. Then we left her home after that and started walking again. We talked with a handful of more people and we set up one more appointment with a man named Henry. Later on in the week we were walking once again, and we saw  a man carrying his groceries back to his home, so we decided to help him carry them back to his home. We talked with him and were able to set up a return appointment and teach him the restoration. he accepted the invitation to be baptized on November 9th as did Henry.  Later also this week we had dinner with the neighbors across the street from us and over dinner, we asked the son Ray what his feelings are about the Book of Mormon. We then also extended to him the invitation to be baptized and he gladly accepted. He is so excited about being baptized, and we haven't even taught him the first lesson yet! haha he is also going to be baptized on November 9th. the success that God has blessed us with this week is so amazing. We are so thankful for it. We thank you all for your prayers. We know that they have been of great worth to our Father in Heaven and that they have made a difference in the work in this area.

That is so great that Nate finally won a game! I bet that he was so excited! I know that our team can pull out a win this week. It is a crucial week for them, but we are praying for them here. If they work hard and have the desire they can do it. I'm not going to lie, I am going to miss going to all of the haunted houses this year. I guess that means that Andy and Cris will have to hit them up for me. I want both of them to try and go to the haunted theater in Shelley and tell me how it was :) I am so glad that Sister Clay was able to send you that picture. That is so great! Trust me, I'm taking alot of pictures, so I will have lots to look back on :) It makes me so proud of you that you are doing all of this 5K stuff! you are so amazing, and you work so hard. Thank you for your example. I know that as you work hard and trust in the Lord that he will strengthen you and lift you up. With him, all things you can do. just keep going. I pray that all of you will be able to make the make study of the book of Mormon a part of your daily lives. I know that the only way to become truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ is BOTH attending church, AND studying and praying about the Book of Mormon. There is no other way that a man can come to be completely converted to the gospel of Christ. I know that as you strive to make scripture study a part of your lives you will receive blessings that you never imagined and that your testimony that this is Christ church will grow. 
Haha that is so crazy that Paxtens teacher is Mrs. Poehler! I totally remember working with her. she was so great! and I absolutely loved Breann. She was always so nice, and so wonderful. She had a great testimony of the Gospel as well and I really learned alot from her. That was one of my favorite seminary class's as well! I loved her!! Maybe you could see if you could get her address and I could write her sometime? Thank you for all the packages, letters and pic's! I love you all so much and I am praying for you!
Love, 
Elder Jorgensen
 idk if you have already sent the package or not, but if not, could you possibly send me a few things? We wanted maybe some of your Salsa, Dili-beans, and idk if you could send some of your jam? but if you could, that would be great!! love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment